Sofia is one of the most visited cities in the world.
This capital city of Bulgaria is extremely popular for its rich history, bars, restaurants, and so much more.
As it is a budget-friendly tourist location, most people visit this place with their family and friends. Sofia has many parks, and most locals visit them during weekends to enjoy with their family and friends. Locals also go to the parks for walking and playing outdoor games.
The Borisova Garden is very huge and well-maintained.
The other popular parks here are Park Crystal and South Park. Another interesting thing about Sofia is street art.
You can find some interesting and beautiful paintings on the electricity boxes in most parts of the city. Even the underpasses look well-painted here. You can find some of the most beautiful
art here at Serdika.
Most travellers thoroughly enjoy the Bulgarian cuisine. People in Bulgaria use a variety of herbs and vegetables to create some interesting dishes. Bulgarians use meat in most of the dishes.
Seafood is also popular here. The people here love the dairy products. Don’t miss to enjoy the food here with your loved ones.
To know about many interesting things in Bulgaria, check the travel blogs like Only By Land. James Smith has travelled to many parts of the world and wants to share his experiences with you through this blog.
By following his tips and advice, you can make great memories with your loved ones in some of the world’s most beautiful and interesting locations. Check his blog for some useful Sofia Bulgaria travel tips. You can also find some amazing camera equipment on his blog.
Below are some more reasons to visit Sofia.
- If you love watching animals, the Sofia Zoo is something you must not miss out on. You can find more than 1,500 varieties of animals here. Visiting this zoo helps your kids learn about various species and what they eat.
- The National Palace of Culture is another hot spot here that looks busy with tourists all the time. This convention centre hosts more than 250 events every year.
- You can find some of the world’s best churches here. St. Georgia is one of the most famous churches in Sofia. St.Nicholas church is also popular in Sofia, located at the city’s heart. This church gives you an idea about Russian architecture.
- If you want to learn about the history of Bulgaria, Sofia’s history museum is something you must visit.
- There are some great escape rooms in Sofia. These escape rooms are a great choice for all those who want to have some great fun with their group. Find your favourite themed escape room and have fun.
- Seven Rila Lakes looks breathtakingly beautiful. Go hiking here, and you will enjoy that experience. Don’t forget to pick some good hiking shoes for your hiking.
- Rent a motorbike or bicycle here and visit the various streets in Sofia with your group.
For more information on planning your trip to Sofia, check out some good travel blogs online!